A health coach mentors and guides their clients towards their fitness goals using a series of strategies including:
- Teaching movement techniques to prevent injury
- Developing personalized programming to keep fitness fun and engaging
- Motivating and encouraging clients to achieve their goals
- Tracking progress
- Providing accountability to keep clients focused on the long game
At Michael Baker Wellness, we view physical activity as an absolute necessity. Any way you choose to move your body is physical activity, and it’s essential to listen to what your body needs and choose movement that feels authentic, joyful, and supportive for you. It’s also important to know that putting your body in motion is a powerful act that benefits more than your muscles. Movement gets energy flowing, reduces stress, boosts mood, and can even sharpen your ability to focus.
Prioritizing physical activity is an act of self-love and self-care. By carving out time to move your body, you’re giving yourself the gift of energy, focus, and strength. Physical activity is bio-individual. You can create more space for movement in a way that feels natural, authentic, and enjoyable and adds to your overall quality of life. Your approach can be whatever works for you and will change and evolve over time.
Without understanding food, getting healthy, weight loss or body transformation will be nearly impossible.
When we start the journey together the absolute first step is assessing your consumption of food and drink. I will say it 100x that you will never lose weight if your diet is unchecked. You will never sustain weight loss or a healthy lifestyle if you don't educate yourself and implement change.
It's why programs like "Weight Watchers" are garbage. They don't educate you, they give you pre-made space food and limit calories. The second you are left to fend for yourself you are helpless.
The most important thing you can do for yourself is to never need a coach or a program to know what to consume and what not to consume and why.
- Learn about nutrient dense foods
- Explore popular diet misinformation
- Learn to read labels to make better choices
- Explore great tasting, healthy alternatives
People are hypnotized by nutrition theories.
Many people associate the word diet with a meal regimen designed to lose weight. I view diet as a healthy lifestyle rather than a program, fad or trend that is bio-individual or unique to YOU. This lifestyle encompasses nourishing yourself and choosing foods that support your optimal health and well-being.
Nutrition information is most often taken from the online experts, news, blogs, magazines, social media clips, or books. Guess what? Every expert does things their way and every expert conflicts with another expert.
My goal is to expose you many nutrition theories and ultimately to a lifestyle of consuming only real whole foods. Whether you go Carnivore, Paleo, Mediterranean, Vegan or anything in-between should be figured out intuitively.
I have picked bits and pieces from dozens of sources to find my way.
You will flourish when you adopt a way of eating created with your bio-individuality in mind and with real whole food at the forefront of every meal you eat.
But how do I navigate this?
I offer in-person, in-store and online coaching. Sometimes it's integrated into our training sessions to save time. Sometimes it may be in-person shopping sessions. I provide tips and insight on how to identify real food, to help you replace processed food, fast food, seed oils, fake sugar, conventional meat and dairy with real, whole food versions, and make it easy for you to eat healthy no matter where you shop or eat.
- Learn how to identify real food and how to eliminate fake food
- Learn about macronutrients
- Hands-on help with healthy eating
- Learn how to navigate going out to eat and vacation
- Save money on healthy food by knowing where to find the best deals
- Digital assistance on how to best use Instacart, Amazon, and other direct-to-consumer sites to save time and effort
- Replace processed food, fast food, seed oils, fake sugar, conventional meat and dairy with the real, whole food versions
- Eat healthier and feel better, with personalized support and guidance from a health coach